Shou Sugi Ban Charred Wood Flags
$150.00 – $165.00
For a limited time, all American Flags sold will have a donation made to the Wounded Warriors Program!
Shou Sugi Ban is the art of charring wood to create a unique and weathered look. Traditional Japanese Shou Sugi Ban was an environmentally friendly way to preserve timber and, paradoxically, make it fire-resistant. Chemical preservatives, paints and retardants are therefore unnecessary. In addition to exterior uses, the popular technique is now found in interior rooms, furniture, and artwork.
All of our Shou Sugi Ban style wooden flags are meticulously handcrafted in the quaint little town of Boerne, TX, with the highest quality materials available. Every flag includes heavy duty hardware pre installed for hanging them wherever you would like. If you would like to hang them outdoors please choose the “Outdoor” option so we can ensure it has an extra heavy coat of weather proof protectant applied.
Because we do not currently hold stock of flags, if you would like a specific flag made that is not listed, please contact us before placing an order.
Because all my items are handmade, please allow 2-3 weeks for build and delivery. If you create an account for your purchase, you will be notified of build and shipping status.
- Custom handmade flags from various countries and states.
- Flag dimensions (W x H):
- 36″ x 19″ (3′ x 1.6′)
- 60″ x 36″ (5′ x 3′) – Currently only available via Local Pickup, Contact Us to make arrangements.
- Finished with a water resistant polyurethane to protect the wood from moisture.
- For a more durable outdoor application, please choose “Outdoor” as an option to get a water proof application.
- For purchase and shipping status updates, please create an account.
*Pictures may not always reflect finished product. Handmade products may vary slightly in color, dimensions, and features from piece to piece.
|Dimensions||38 × 22 × 3 in|
American Flag, Colorado State Flag, Texas State Flag
36 in., 60 in.